These tasty sliders are quick and easy to make. You can use the rotisserie chicken as indicated in the recipe...or cook up some chicken breast in a little salted boiling water, and shred that instead. I love the slaw in this recipe...it adds nice crunch and sweetness....mmmm
Pulled Chicken Sliders with slaw
This recipe makes 12 sliders, for a crowd, just double or triple it (or more)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion (I didn't have this so I omitted onion all together - it was still very good)
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle juice(from a jar of pickles)
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon or less salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (16 ounce) package shredded coleslaw mix or shredded cabbage
- 1 cup bottled BBQ sauce (I used honey bbq from Kraft)
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 cups roughly shredded rotisserie chicken (or cooked chicken)
- mini buns for sliders
- To prepare slaw, whisk all ingredients together, except cole slaw mix, in a large bowl. Add cole slaw mix and toss to coat. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To prepare chicken, combine barbecue sauce, vinegar and chicken in a bowl. Heat in sauce pan or crock pot, until heated through.
- To serve, place chicken on bun bottoms. Spoon slaw on top of chicken. Place remaining bun halves on top.